Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Must-Do-Often: Clearing up handbags day


Confession: My handbags weights a tonne. I don't know why....I mean...I don't carry rocks or the kitchen sink in there. Ok....maybe sometimes I have random things in there like the end of a curtain rod part or random kids toys or some office stuff like a stapler.....

Fine, I have a problem. Don't judge! But one thing I do like to do is clear up my handbag before rotating to a different handbag to be used for the entire week or month. Still weights a tonne after clearing and reorganising (le sigh) but hey, at least I try.

So on the day before PP's Henoch-Schonlein Purpura drama (which can be read HERE), I made it my mission of the day to clear out ALL bags. In all honesty, I thought it would be a couple of bags I was using for the month for daily use and also for quick trip for mamak/ grocery use. Turns out, there were 5 bags to clear out! I forgot to clear out some other bags I have kept away in the "cleared bags" area.

Two bag organisers (useful yet not really), 
five bags on rotation and in storage full of stuff still (aiyak!) and 
one work bag which is full of documents for work at home days (not emptied)

Shock! horror! horror! arggh! I hope there are no melted chocolates in there! 

(There wasn't. Phew. But it happened before.....i blame the kids. Always blame the kids for old forgotten chocolates in handbags)

So what was in my handbags


Lot and lots of receipts for work claims and for personal references. Ergh. 

Random stuff and essentials which included brouchures, empty angpows for when you need to give angpows, chequebook bag, office keys, random keychains with no attached keys, cellotape, a highlighter, Sharpies and that many pens (really??!!), a notebook, A SOCK!, extra hijab inner, Monopoly Deal for friends night, a padlock?, SALT AND PEPPER!, candies...lots of candies and biscuits. I blame the kids for the candies.
Hands in head.

For someone who doesn't wear a lot of makeup...I sure carry a lot of them. 
But then again, one cannot be to sure when you NEED to wear them.
But somehow I doubt I need 6 perfumes, 3 types of lipsticks and 3 powders?
Again...carrying these everyday.

Bunch of costume jewelry and hijab pins. Again... I hate pins but I all of these in my bags?
Found a bunch of my girls hairpins that they want to wear / take off at random times while we are out and about. And I kept broken bracelets  and necklaces in the bags? Did I plan to repair them on the move or something? Kinda explains why my bags weights a tonne.

More essentials, two wallets...one in use, other is just empty. vouchers to be used, two coin bags!,
card wallets, sunnies, external phone charger, mine and kids medical cards and....tickets for Hi5 concert for this upcoming December. Yup, I was just carrying them around in my bag. Everyday...everywhere.

I know, it is ridiculous. I need help.

With that...my laptop was on this page.

Berjaya atau tidak to maintain my handbag in an organised manner....
check back in a month. Obviously, organising my handbags is not my forte...ever.

No comments: